https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/job-cast-changing-careers – Get the handout and different assets right here
http://go.indeed.com/jobcast – Register for upcoming Job Casts
Career modifications occur for a lot of causes and may lead to new and fulfilling alternatives. But is your resume prepared for as we speak’s job search? A profession change often includes researching new profession paths, assessing your transferable expertise and discovering alternatives that match together with your life-style.
In this digital workshop, Emilie Aries, Founder & CEO of Bossed Up, an award profitable skilled growth group supplies recommendations on making the swap.
– Which industries have been hardest hit by the COVID-19 disaster and that are actively hiring
– How to establish which expertise matter most to your goal employers
– How to apply persuasive communication strategies to your resume and interview prep
0:50 Emilie’s profession transition
4:19 Learning aims
5:20 How COVID-19 has impacted the job search
6:10 Which industries are hiring throughout COVID-19?
6:30 Find employers which might be urgently hiring
7:11 Is it time to pivot careers?
8:13 You have transferable expertise
9:53 Know your targets and your viewers
11:50 Get to know your viewers on profession pages
12:22 Map your expertise
12:34 Hard expertise and gentle expertise
14:33 Take stock of your expertise
17:56 Which expertise matter most to your subsequent employer?
18:42 Match your expertise to the key phrases in job descriptions
21:00 What expertise do you want to develop now?
22:36 How to talk your transferable expertise
22:57 CAR technique: Challenge, Actions, Results
27:49 Ask your self “so what?”
28:54 You will discover a job
31:22 As a profession changer, how do you get previous AI screening?
34:52 How can I translate my expertise to a new trade and promote them within the interview?
39:00 Should I settle for a pay reduce to achieve new expertise?
43:00 More info
Here are the hyperlinks posted “in the chat” throughout this webinar for additional studying:
– Industries Impacted Most COVID-19 (With Job Search Tips): https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/industries-impacted-most-covid-19
– Companies Hiring During COVID-19: https://go.indeed.com/hiring-now
– Transferable Skills: Definitions and Examples: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/resumes-cover-letters/transferable-skills
– How to Find a New Career: 7 Questions to Consider: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/find-new-career
– Career pages: https://indeed.com/career
– Hard Skills vs. Soft Skills: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/resumes-cover-letters/hard-skills-vs-soft-skills
– How to Use Keywords and Phrases in Your Resume and Cover Letter (With Tips and Examples): https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/resumes-cover-letters/resume-keywords-and-phrases
– How to Make a Career Change: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/how-to-make-a-career-change